Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Five (5) years Accounting/Finance experience, with preferable 2 years in a mfg environment. Supervisory experience a plus.
• Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing specialized support to Accounting/Finance Manager for analytical problem solving capabilities and technical expertise in support of corporate and departmental requirements.
• This position will be proactive in insuring all financial transactions and inputs are of the highest quality and accuracy.
• Interface with various departments as required.
• Serve as liaison between management and vendors, customers, or employees in matters related to assigned task.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare journal entries and supporting schedules for month end closing.
• Reconcile assigned accounts at month end and prepare backup documentation.
• Insure proper coordination and communications with other departments and or accounting sections to achieve the accurate and complete recording of activities for month end closing.
• Assist in any number of tasks that may relate to and include: Audits, Vendor/Customer issues, Approval and Authorization, Monitor, control and report issues related to area of responsibility, Review and monitor contracts, 1099 Reporting, Management request, Training, Procedure writing, Provide multiple reports and analysis to various departments across all sites, Reconcile warranty credits and refunds from accounts payable related to accounts receivable, Maintain and reconcile sub-ledger for parts and service concessions.
• Prepare correspondence related to action items in support of departmental objectives.
• Encouraged to be proactive in using technical skills to provide departmental enhancements, eliminate non-value added tasks and generate cost savings.
• Prepare analysis and recommend solutions for problems and improvements to existing systems and processes.
• Coordinate the resolution of identified problems with appropriate personnel.
• Represent accounting on special cross functional projects and teams as required.
• Must be organized and practice proper discernment to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Assist Accounting/Finance management in preparing schedules, reports, and presentations for other management groups.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects to include business and process improvement initiatives. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Strong organization and problem solving skills with the ability to be creative and resourceful in dealing with constant varying requirements and situations.
• Exceptional high level of proven computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Accounting/Finance applications.
• May require skills and experience unique to the specific Accounting/Finance function in addition to overall Accounting/Finance knowledge used in different work groups.
• Support corporate requirement by having the ability to schedule activities in a flexible environment with firm deadlines and maintain a professional attitude and work ethic.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.