The Voice Engineer leads complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and provision of level 3 technical support of LAN/WAN data, voice, and video information technology solutions with a focus on but not limited to security architecture design, strategies, and compliance. The successful candidate will participate in the development of long-term strategic, capacity, and performance planning objectives and goals. This critical team member participates in network infrastructure security audit activities and provides evidence as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise voice communications network, including but not limited to the installation, maintenance, and management of all voice equipment such as voice servers, gateways, PBX switches, phones, circuits, wiring, servers, backup systems, voice network management and diagnostic tools, etc.
- Plan and implement enterprise unified communications-based projects.
- Mentor and train junior voice network engineers and technicians.
- Design and develop Cisco unified communication architectural enhancements; troubleshoot unified communication issues, and create functional and technical design documentation and establish standards to correspond to engineering specifications and industry best practices.
- Partner with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on VoIP implementation, optimization, security and ongoing management, including but not limited to troubleshooting infrastructure and services counting.
- Safeguard overall technical capabilities, stability, and performance.
- Offer direction, recommendations, design and implementation for VoIP enhancements.
- Produce and maintain all necessary technical documentation; guarantee all work activity is accurately documented in our tracking systems.
- Observe the design, programming and application standards as setup by the Bank; comply with all Bank and departmental policies and procedures.
- Safeguard performance, capacity, availability, and quality of the voice environment monitoring for emerging incidents and initiate preventative action.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and experience
- 8 + years working on Voice technologies. CCNA required; prefer CCNP or CCIE collaboration or must be able to obtain.
- 8 + years of experience directly working with customer and client technical teams
- 8 + years of implementing Voice solutions
- 8 + years of designing global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
- Must also be qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies.
- CCNA Voice, CCNP Voice, or CCIE Collaboration certification is highly preferred.
- Voice Recording Integration with a third-party solution.
- Low-Level Design details for the Unified Communications Solution
- Dial Plan
- LAN and WAN network design and configuration
- Implementation, migration planning, and solution testing
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- String communication skills (written + verbal) and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and must be able to travel up to 25%.
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Experience writing voice and network security policies, standards, and procedures as well as utilizing network analysis tools to determine root cause of voice problems
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation.