AVP - Operational Risk Management - New York, NY
This position reports to the Head of Operational Risk, and provides second line of defense oversight and effective challenge for all non-financial risks. The individual will support the Head of Operational Risk to execute the operational risk framework including, but not limited to, the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Controls Testing, Issues and Actions Management, Key Risk Indicators, Operational Risk Incident Reporting, Scenario Analysis, etc. Assist in identifying operational risk issues and monitor risk profile is mitigated and within risk appetite. Contribute to escalation and accurate reporting to Risk Governance committees. Support the business on the identification and timely reporting of incidents in the GRC tool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the first line of defense/business experts to facilitate the RCSAs to include the assessment of key processes, risks, mitigating controls and action plan development
- Monitor and perform controls testing to validate the effectiveness of controls in the business
- Assist the business with timely reporting of operational risk incidents including root cause analysis and development of mitigating action plans
- Identify, link, and analyze trends in KRIs and other findings reported to risk management and compare against benchmarking of operational risks and loss data
- Perform ongoing reviews of operational areas and provide recommendations to improve quality of risk controls
- Analyze, track, and produce reporting of all issues and action plans, including the self-identification of issues by the business
- Assist in conducting operational risk scenario analysis for annual capital stress testing
- Monitor and update Operational Risk Management Policy and Procedures, and other operational risk management materials
- Assist in preparing reports to the Management Risk Committee, New Products and Initiatives Committee, Management, the Board and other risk oversight committees
- Team player in an evolving operational risk management environment, incorporating a positive attitude and flexible approach
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University
- Minimum 5 years of Operational Risk Management, or equivalent Audit or Compliance experience, in Retail Banking, Credit Administration, or Financial Services
- Certification in Risk Management, preferably Operational Risk
- Knowledge of compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and controls (BSA/AML, etc.)
- Experience with Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) too
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.