AVP, Digital Payments Manager
Garden City, NY
The Digital Payments Manager manages the daily aspects of Regulation E activities for Apple Bank’s Claim Intake department, including but not limited to debit card operations, claims processing, management of mobile remote deposit transactions and the prevention, detection, investigation and mitigation of fraudulent member activity. The incumbent in this role will manage a staff of direct reports who are dedicated to processing claims in a prompt and efficient manner, ensuring that the Bank’s customers (both internal & external) are being providing with exemplary customer service, while complying with applicable rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of Regulation E activities including but not limited to debit card operations, claims processing, management of mobile remote deposit transactions and the prevention, detection, investigation and mitigation of fraudulent member activity.
- Act as a liaison between customers, branches and corporate departments regarding claims processing and fraud related matters.
- Process ATM and Reg E debit card claims.
- Manage claim process, ensuring compliance with Regulation E timelines and customer notifications; work with Intake Team Representatives to ensure claim activities and fraud investigations are being addressed on or according to schedule.
- Ensure that staff are not only being properly trained in all phases of claims processing, but are able to support customers and branch personnel with Visa related inquiries.
- Ensure that Visa Specialists are providing excellent customer service by resolving claims in a prompt and efficient manner, while complying with established Bank procedures.
- Perform daily quality control reviews of process claims and customer notices to ensure claims are processed in accordance with Regulation E timelines.
- Manage audit and compliance requests related to the Visa process.
- Review daily risk reports in order to identify potential ATM/Visa fraud.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts related to fraud losses and recoveries.
- Collaborate with Visa to establish rules and guidelines to combat fraud trends.
- Provide ongoing coaching, professional development, and learning opportunities to direct reports.
- Provide claims metrics on a monthly basis, as well as additional ad-hoc reporting to various level of management.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting or Economics.
- 7-10 years of related experience in card operations, banking or financial services.
- Previous experience managing a staff of direct reports.
- Knowledge of bank systems with an emphasis on the Miser and Visa Resolve Online systems required.
- Experience utilizing Visa Data Manager a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of bank policies, procedures, products and services.
- Must be able to act independently, show sound judgement in problem resolution, and make decisions that comply with bank policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication (both verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong time management skills.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.