AVP, Credit Risk Review Analyst - New York, NY
Credit Risk Review, often called Loan Review, is an independent function reporting to Apple Bank’s Board of Directors. Credit Risk Review provides the Board and Apple management with independent, timely and objective assessments of risk ratings, credit processes, and overall credit quality related to the Bank’s credit-granting activities, as well as providing support for the bank’s ALLL processes.
The Credit Risk Review Analyst assists with the management of credit risk by conducting independent reviews, in order to assess credit quality and reporting its findings to management. The incumbent in this position identifies current or potential issues regarding the assessment of credit risk and the administration of Bank credit/loan exposure and identifies the need for process changes regarding credit risk management activities, regulatory statutes, credit policy, and general credit underwriting guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate with the input from other team members and the Head of CRR, in reviews of Apple Bank’s credit granting business areas conducting transaction reviews of new business, and summarizing results and recommendations in periodic reports.
- Work with Lead Reviewer, to validate risk ratings and change ratings when necessary through the assessment of the credit and financial strength of the Bank’s risk parties to determine if internal ratings and levels of credit exposure are acceptable.
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding commercial credit risk and policy, as well as collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish strong working relationships while maintaining independence.
- Monitoring an assigned credit portfolio, to ensure emerging risks are identified/communicated to senior Credit Risk Review management to provide the Board with an objective assessment of portfolio.
- Identify, recommend, and effect process changes related to underwriting, credit analysis, and portfolio management.
- Prepare executive summaries, periodic reports, and presentations summarizing findings and recommendations to Board and its Risk Committee and executive management.
- Ensure reviews are being performed in accordance within Bank policies and procedures.
- Comply with, policies, procedures, prudent banking practices, and regulatory guidance, as well as data integrity, adequacy of staffing and other operational or administrative responsibilities.
- Maintain awareness of the current regulatory/industry trends affecting the Bank's credit areas.
- Promote teamwork within department to ensure that knowledge and experience is shared among team members
Skills, Education and Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Experienced credit professional with minimum 4 - 7-years commercial credit experience, preferably with a background in commercial credit underwriting and credit risk management.
- Must possess working knowledge of credit analysis, ratings analysis, corporate finance and/or research.
- Knowledge of bank regulations as it relates to risk management.
- Seek new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that have practical value to Bank.
- Ability to provide critical feedback to business areas in a thoughtful and productive manner.
- Strong communication skills required (verbal + written) and must be able write in a clear, concise, and thorough manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with the other team members, and provide assistance with various projects upon request.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite of products including Excel and PowerPoint
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.