Assistant Vice President – IT Risk Controls Officer - Manhattan, New York
The AVP IT Risk Controls Officer assists in the execution of risk control, self-assessment, control testing & action item tracking activities for Apple Bank’s Information Technology department as part of the 1st line of defense. This position will assist the IT department with the performance of risk controls assessments, challenging as appropriate, risk control levels assigned by process owners, and performing appropriate testing of controls to validate all risk controls assessment.
The incumbent will be assigned a shared responsibility for developing & maintaining risk controls documentation, as well as compiling and maintaining an action item issue tracker to monitor and record mitigation efforts. The successful candidate must have banking/financial services experience, in addition to an Information Technology regulatory management, risk, compliance and security controls background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with management to design and implement controls processes;
- Execution of Apple Bank’s RCSA (risk and control self-assessment) for various technology related risk assessments, such as Data Classification, Change Control, and Information Security.
- Perform testing procedures in conjunction with our RCSA (Risk Controlled Self-Assessment) program and other 1st line of defense controls process as required.
- Document key risks and controls, and action plans to remediate control gaps.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of information security, cyber security, business resiliency and IT project risk management and develop related risk analysis for management
- Remain current on industry standards by continuing education, reading publications, networking with peers and joining professional groups.
- Explore new, innovative opportunities to add value to position.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 – 12 years of experience in Systems Development/Operations, IT Regulatory management, with a risk, compliance and security controls background.
- Experience in the setup and implementation of GRC packages such as Metric Stream.
- Strong background in systems, implementation, governance, risk and compliance; proficient in information security, KPI/KRI, as well as contingency planning and disaster recovery CISM, CISA, or other industry recognized security certification(s).
- Deep expertise leading IT Risk, Governance, IT Audits; m ust have understanding of FFIEC & NYDFS guidelines and examination expectations.
- Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills with proven ability to foster strong relationships.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- The following certifications would be a plus CISA, CISSP and/or CPA.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong research, statistical analysis and reporting skills.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.