Reynolds American (RAI) is a family of companies working to transform the tobacco industry. Our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco.
RAI’s Innovation Company (RAIIC) is charged with building a sustainable pipeline of products and businesses to ensure that RAI companies lead the industry’s transformation. Our focus includes defining and developing break-through products and approaches to the Vapor, Tobacco Heating, and Modern Oral markets. Also, the team is responsible for identifying new commercial opportunities to strengthen RAI’s future position.
We take pride in the growth of our people. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work in a dynamic industry by collaborating with the visionary, principled and passionate people every day that makes ours an award-winning culture.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking passionate interns to work within the Innovations team to identify New Growth Opportunities for the RAI family of companies.
Internship project will include:
- Assessing RAI Companies’ Opportunity to enter existing and emerging categories where they do not currently compete
- Value Chain assessment to understand where RAI companies’ core competencies will provide competitive advantage or where new competencies will be required
- Preliminary business case development to underpin any market entry recommendation
- Strategic planning to define recommended path to market for new category– Organic, Inorganic
- Access to internal and external expertise to assist with project
Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments. The internships provide challenging assignments and significant exposure to other company functions. You will exercise initiative, creative problem solving skills, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other personnel throughout our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support.
TO SUCEED AS A RAI INNOVATIONS COMPANY INTERN IN 2019 YOU SHOULD BE:
- A student who has completed the first year of a full-time MBA program and who is passionate about Innovation and New Growth Opportunities.
- A highly collaborative, team player, who’s focused on results;
- A creative self-starter with strong strategy development, analytical, and planning skills;
AND SOMEONE WHO:
- Wants to fully understand and embrace adult consumers and new growth opportunities;
- Has superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Is focused on developing excellent leadership and influencing skills.
BY THE END OF YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU WILL HAVE:
- Spent time with c-suite leadership during a series of leadership roundtable events
- Gained insight into what it’s like to work here, global development opportunities and career pathways
- Evaluated and made recommendations on new growth opportunities for a global industry leader
- Presented your findings and recommendations to the RAI Innovations Leadership Team
AS AN INTERN DURING THE SUMMER OF 2019 YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Generous salary
- Paid housing
- Leadership training opportunities
- Fun! Lots of chances to get to know your fellow interns socially
- Connecting with senior leaders during roundtable networking events
- Participation in our 401(k) retirement savings plan –we contribute 3% regardless of whether you participate, and on top of that we match your contribution at 100% up to 6%
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.