Reynolds American (RAI) is a family of companies working to transform the tobacco industry. Our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco.
We take pride in the growth of our people. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with the visionary, principled and passionate people every day that makes ours an award-winning culture.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking passionate interns to assist the function in delivering creative and innovative brand strategies to achieve maximum business benefit across every facet of RAI and its operating companies. Summer interns will have Winston-Salem based assignments. The internships provide challenging assignments and significant exposure to other company functions outside of Consumer Marketing.
You will exercise initiative, creative problem solving skills, teamwork and leadership as you interact with other personnel throughout our winning organization. In addition, you will have fun while adding value and encountering outstanding career development support.
PREVIOUS CONSUMER MARKETING INTERNS HAVE:
- Maximized efforts to engage Adult Tobacco Consumers (ATCs) for one our most iconic brands through thoughtful integrated promotions;
- Influenced strategic direction on how to effectively communicate with moist snuff consumers using technology and new marketing methods;
- Engaged with marketing stakeholders and ATCs to develop an evergreen web program for the #1 menthol brand in the US with the objective of increasing digital web traffic;
- Identified the most appropriate marketing strategies and vehicles for our innovative and transformative platform;
- Developed a post-engagement communication plan to foster interaction across web, email and direct mail touch points.
TO SUCEED AS A CONSUMER MARKING INTERN IN 2019 YOU SHOULD BE:
- A student who have completed the first year of a full-time MBA program and who is passionate about Marketing.
- A highly collaborative, team player, who’s focused on results;
- A creative self-starter with strong strategy development and planning skills;
AND SOMEONE WHO:
- Wants to fully understand and embrace consumers and their values;
- Has superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Is focused on developing excellent leadership and influencing skills.
BY THE END OF YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU WILL HAVE:
- Spent time with c-suite leadership during a series of leadership roundtable events
- Gained insight into what it’s like to work here, global development opportunities and career pathways
- Worked directly with experienced engineering professionals
- Presented your findings and recommendations to the Operations Leadership Team
AS AN INTERN DURING THE SUMMER OF 2019 YOU WILL ENJOY:
- Generous salary
- Paid housing
- Company provided laptop
- Leadership training opportunities
- Fun! Lots of chances to get to know your fellow interns socially
- Connecting with senior leaders during roundtable networking events
- Participation in our 401(k) retirement savings plan –we contribute 3% regardless of whether you participate, and on top of that we match your contribution at 100% up to 6%
- Confidential personal financial counseling service at no cost to you
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc..
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.