$1,500 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Working in a call center environment under supervision to receive and process inbound calls from patients, providers, and other medical staff. Execute outbound calls or electronic task to assist with providing medical related services. Assist callers with appointment scheduling, prescriptions refills, facility locations and lab results. Resolve routine to complex issues.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 8:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
. Employees will be required to work onsite while in training. Once training is complete performance will be evaluated 1-2 months to be considered to work from home.
We offer 4 - 5 weeks of paid training, 4 days classroom, then paired with Lead live training for 2 weeks.
Our office is located at 2716 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV. Employees will be required to work some days onsite and some days from home.
If you are located within commutable distance to Las Vegas, NV, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Answers a minimum of 11 calls per hour resolving moderate to complex issues
- Schedule and verify appointments in clinical information system
- Verify and update patient demographic and insurance information
- Send and receive tasks to Provider offices to assist patient with access to medical care
- Receive and process; expedite, stat and at-risk referrals
- Contact patients to advise of appointment and referral status
- Extreme high volume data entry
- Process and resolve expedited patient complaints
- Review and processing of medication refills
- Proactive response to inquiries from patients, Providers, and internal medical personnel
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- Call Center experience
- Customer Service experience
- Ability to work between the hours of 7:00am - 8:00pm
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Medical Terminology
- Advanced knowledge of insurance products
- Training in a medical office or customer service related field
- CPT and ICD - 9 coding
- Advanced computer skills in Windows environment
- Reside within commutable distance to Las Vegas, NV
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to demonstrate customer service and proper telephone etiquette
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Solid listening, critical thinking, decision making, telephone, customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize call types
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Call Centers
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Decision Making