External candidates are eligible for a $1,000 sign on bonus!
Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Location: 555 North Broadway, Jericho, NY 11753
Schedule: 37.5 hours, full time, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00AM - 7:00PM, includes 2 Saturdays monthly 8:00AM - 1:00PM
- Greets patients, family members and guests with a friendly smile
- Assists patients with signing in and completing registration
- Enters and scans patient’s demographic and insurance information in Epic
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefit information; informs patients of insurance benefits
- Collects co-payments and patient balances
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner; directs calls and takes messages
- Assists physician and clinical staff by coordinating follow up care for patients; schedules referral appointments for patients and obtains authorization for diagnostic testing
- Sends patient records to primary care physician
- Takes vital signs, performs EKGs and assists providers with patient care
- Prepares exam rooms for patients and documents patient encounters in Epic
- Performs lab testing and quality assurance
- Prepares and tracks specimens sent to lab
- Restocks and maintains inventory of exam rooms, lab and storage rooms
- Places outgoing phone calls to patients for follow up care and handles incoming phone calls from patients
- Assists with other tasks as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- Certification in Medical Assisting, EKG and phlebotomy, or EMT
- Customer service experience and solid computer skills
- Experience with vital signs, basic lab testing, EKG and quality assurance
- Associate degree or some college coursework completed
- Knowledge of insurance carriers and managed care plans
- Epic experience
- Medical office experience
- Urgent Care experience
New York Residents Only: The hourly range for New York residents is $16.00 to $23.13 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.