We are an industry-leading specialty manufacturer with an immediate need for a Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting and Finance team. This is a direct hire, permanent role located in Waukesha, WI. Relocation assistance is available for highly qualified candidates not currently local to the area.
In this role, you will be responsible for different financial analysis, general ledger, and reporting activities relating to our various manufacturing facilities. You will also assist in the preparation of various monthly reports, provide data and analysis regarding trends and also rolling forecasts. You will also provide information for both internal and external audits.
- Month, quarter and year-end close, including maintaining general ledger and perform assigned reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries and review general ledger accounts.
- Assist with internal controls and with analysis of operating activities.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets. Report on any variances.
- Assist with coordination and preparation of the annual plan and with rolling forecasts
- Maintain and monitor capital spending as well as project revenue status.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance and 1 to 2 years experience. Bachelors Degree is a plus.
- 1-3 years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and other Office applications.
- Knowledge of Hyperion and SAP financial software
- Knowledge of complex transactions such as LIFO, POC and commodity hedges.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management