You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (10:30am - 7:00pm) CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends.
We offer 2 weeks of on-the-job training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 4:30pm CST, Monday – Friday.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Make outbound dialer calls to members in regard to kidney support services
- Take calls from members regarding kidney support services
- Determine if the consumers are eligible for a health program
- Connect consumers to a nurse
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet weekly metrics
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (create, edit, save documents) and Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save spreadsheets)
- Experience working with a PC and windows applications, with the ability to learn other sometimes complex systems
- Any experience working within the healthcare industry
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift, 40 hours a week, between 10:30am -7:00pm CST, Monday through Friday
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The hourly range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $31.44 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Call Centers
- Customer Service
- Medical Terminology