No experience necessary. We will train. Great first job! All hardworking people encouraged to apply. GED candidates will be happily accepted as well. This position is responsible for, but not limited to, handling and/or cleaning material through the galvanizing process in an orderly and efficient manner.
We are hiring for both first shift, 5 AM -1 PM and second shift, 1 PM - 9 PM with the option to work OT. Starting wage is $15/hr. or more depending on experience.
Benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation and tuition reimbursement!
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
No experience necessary. We will train. All hardworking people encouraged to apply. GED candidates will be happily accepted as well.
- Responsible for tying or assisting with tying material onto racks with wire or chain for safe movement through the galvanizing process.
- Use wire to tie material to bow racks, universal racks, or other tooling to prepare for the pickling tanks using specific training methods for the galvanizing process.
- Use rope to lift and prepare material for the pickling tanks using specific training methods for galvanizing process.
- Operates and visually inspects all equipment (i.e. forklifts, cranes, tooling, etc.) prior to usage to ensure no maintenance is needed.
- Learns to rack a variety of materials by assisting others.
- Racks, unracks or cleans material in order as directed.
- May learn to use a torch to dry materials before hot dipping.
- May clean material using a grinder, file, or brush as specified by the customer.
- Inspects material for sags, runs, drips, bare spots and reports it to management.
- Uses bolt cutters to remove wire from product and tooling and disposes of it per established procedures.
- Learns to inspect materials for holes, smothered spots, etc.
- Perform housekeeping activities to keep production area and equipment clean and organized.
- Confers with supervisors to report material conditions that could result in production or customer problems by form of damage or quality issues.
- May assist with training new production helpers as specified by management.
- Required to wear protective equipment, follow safety rules and all company policies and procedures.
Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Tower Crane