Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Healthcare Representative, you will interview and advocate for patients and their families to obtain maximum benefit coverage in a hospital or healthcare setting.
This position is full-time, Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work any 8-hour shift per day with some flexibility on start / end times. It may be necessary, based on business need, to work occasional overtime (optional) and holidays. Our office is located at 1000 Johnson Ferry Rd, NE Atlanta, GA, 30342.
We offer 1 month of paid on-the-job training. The hours of the training will be aligned with your schedule. Training will be conducted on - site.
- Interview patients in a hospital setting and work effectively with hospital personnel to assist patients with obtaining maximum benefit coverage
- Complete applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange / Marketplace programs)
- Review medical records and take all necessary actions to expedite benefit approval
- Adhere to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI)
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Change Healthcare staff as needed
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Change Healthcare and / or hospital computer systems
- Determine when to use a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
- Willing to work in a fast - paced hospital or healthcare environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1+ years of relevant hospital and healthcare experience
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift per day with some flexibility on start / end times from Monday - Friday. It may be necessary, based on business need, to work occasional overtime (optional) and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Claim Processing
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Medical Records
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office