The Maintenance Technician II supports the FedEx Ground Industrial Maintenance for material handling to complete preventative and predictive maintenance and repair of material handling systems. Will utilize prescribed processes as they relate to mechanical power transmission, electrical, PLC/controls, welding/fabrication and other industrial maintenance related systems. May troubleshoot component and systems issues.
- Provides preventative and predictive maintenance and repair of material handling systems through demonstrated competency of two or more specialty skills of mechanical power transmission and/or electrical and/or PLC/controls with basic welding/fabrication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical problems and failures within the material handling system but rely on higher level technicians and/or management to make final decisions on more complex issues.
- Adheres to all applicable safety standards and promotes a safe work environment by attending safety meetings and required trainings and addressing all safety concerns.
- Responds to sort calls to diagnose problems and make repairs
- May troubleshoot multiple component issues
- Ability to utilize the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software to enter and retrieve prescribed data.
- Somewhat complex skills required in diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical failures
- May rely on higher level Technicians to assist in more complex troubleshooting and issues
- May be involved in smaller scope projects
- May be required to work a flexible schedule including all days and shifts as the business need dictates
Examples of what you may learn while in the Tech II level (does not include all areas/responsibilities)
- Identify what component of a conveyor (bearing, pulley, etc.) has caused a conveyor belt to become tracked incorrectly and repair/replace it.
- Ability to diagnose a power transmission failure by determining which component has failed, such as motor failure, gearbox failure, or possible locked up pulley or roller
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and manuals
- Ability to use a digital multimeter on AC/DC voltage, continuity, and resistance settings to find failed components and shorted wires.
- Ability to test a relay or contactor to determine which contacts are bad, not just that the component itself has failed.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings/schematics and manuals
- Open PLC programs offline
- Troubleshoot electrical controls issues utilizing the I/O lights on a PLC
Welding or Fabrication
- MIG and stick weld in multiple positions (vertical, overhead, etc.)
- Weld new parts together using appropriate rods, wire, gas, etc.
- Fabricate basic parts such as a guard or bracket
- Use oxygen/acetylene torch
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certificates in Industrial Maintenance/Mechatronics, electrical or mechanical trade or related area and an associate degree in a related area preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Two (2) years experience in Industrial Maintenance/Mechatronics with competency in at least two specialty skills in mechanical power transmission, electrical, or PLC/Controls, with basic welding/fabrication skills required.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- In lieu of experience, an associate degree in an Industrial Maintenance/electrical/mechanical trade or related certificates or other degrees may be considered equivalent.
- Multiple certificates and degrees may be assessed by manager and HR to determine relevancy to minimum qualifications and experience
Address: 11825 Newgate Blvd
- Ability to follow procedures as directed by work orders or high-level technicians/management
- Ability to utilize the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software to enter and retrieve prescribed data
- Ability to solve basic mechanical or electrical problems, which may include understanding of basic engineering formulas
- Ability to diagnose mechanical power transmission and electrical issues by troubleshooting at multiple component level
- Effective verbal and written communication within own department to peers, managers, and outside vendors to convey technical data and needs
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Software skills, including Microsoft Office suite and other web-based applications
- Possess time management and organizational skills
Zip Code: 21740
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P219/Hagerstown Hub
Auto req ID: 402710BR
Position Type: Full time
Employee Type: Non-Exempt
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Operations
- Asset Management
- Materials Management