Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function conducts telephonic medication consultations that meet/exceed production & quality metrics.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Complete annual medication review of prescription and non-prescription medications with emphasis on patient assessment and counseling, safe and effective use of medications, identification of potential drug interactions, and other related activities
- Complete pharmacotherapy assessment of patients' claims, past medical history, and disease states
- Assess patients for medication adherence barriers and develop a plan to maximize patients' medication success through improving or maintaining adherence to medications
- Deliver high quality evidence-based therapeutic recommendations to providers
- Deliver a patient-centered, clinically collaborative medication consultation
- Develop a post-consultation list of action items for the patient and/or prescriber
- Document clinical consultations into internal data base
- Participate in and contribute to staff meetings and other staff development opportunities and interdepartmental work groups
- Identify areas of improvement where systems modifications could result in operational advancements and efficiencies
- Maintain a high level of clinical knowledge of chronic disease states and changes in pharmacy practice in adult and geriatric patient populations to serve as an authoritative information source on drugs and their utilization in therapy
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent education
- Active, unrestricted pharmacy license in state of primary residence AND Texas
- 4+ years of experience working as a Clinical Pharmacist
- 1+ years of experience working in a call center or remote environment
- Experience with Medicare STARs & HEDIS Measures such as Care for Older Adults (COA), medication therapy management (MTM), medication adherence
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Bilingual Spanish proficiency
- MBA/MPH Degree
- Post Graduate Training (Pharmacy Residency and/or Fellowship)
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS)
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex, concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team
- Proven comfortable working in a rapidly changing and highly matrixed environment
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Proven planning and organizational skills to demonstrate leadership and initiative
- Proven solid interpersonal skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.