You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead Software Engineer - Remote
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Develops or modifies solutions to solve complex problems including the analysis of system and operational needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Performs all tasks in the development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, and testing. Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adheres to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Serves as the SME to senior and entry level integration developers. Interfaces with management to provide metrics, quality assurance, and performs peer review on all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Collects, understands, and documents user and vendor requirements and technical specifications
- Develops and programs the actual interfaces to/from various applications and/or databases
- Communicates issues between groups in an effort to promote good communications and the efficient and effective resolutions of issues
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates technical requirements and specifications for the seamless integration of various computing models that may bring together disparate pieces of new and emerging technologies
- Reviews work for compliance within the established guidelines of national and international standards organization
- Understands the overall business strategy, to analyze the business processes to develop technical solutions to support the business strategy
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related, technical field. (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 6+ years of systems design and application integration experience
- 5+ years of experience with HL7 and X12 standard transaction formats
- Experience working with Windows Communication Foundation, Web Services, XML, and XSLT
- Knowledge in MS technologies and OS, including .Net Framework 3.5, C#, XML, ASP.Net, BizTalk Server 2009/2006/2004, ASP, MS SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0, and Oracle 8i/9i
- Expert knowledge with one or more of the following integration technologies: Biztalk, Neon, Cloverleaf, Rhapsody, CorePoint or other comparable product
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot complex technology, software, and system solutions
- Graduate-level study in Computer/Management Information Systems (CIS/MIS)
- Experience working in a Medicare, health plan, physician group, or hospital environment
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) and healthcare information exchange (HIE) technologies
- Experience working with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm) WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth. California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives. •All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- .Net Framework
- Application Integration Architecture
- Asp.Net Core
- Business Informatics
- Business Processes
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
Help us improve by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2138914
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.