AZZ Galvanizing - Denver General Description
This position is responsible for operating a gas or electric powered forklift truck to move, stack, load, or unload materials, parts, finished goods, etc.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A certified forklift operator is preferred.
At least one to three years of loading/unloading steel is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs, knowledge of hand tools and equipment as described above. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position.
- Responsible for transporting goods from one location to another in a safe and controlled manner.
- Moves material to and from storage and production areas, loads docks & delivery vehicles by forklift, hand and other equipment.
- Receives written or oral instructions for work assignments, determines applicable material and equipment needs.
- Attaches identifying tags to material and/or marks them with pertinent information.
- Carries out general housekeeping duties such as sweeping and picking up discarded material.
- Confers with leads and/or supervisors to report material conditions that could result in production or customer problems.
- Assists in proper loading and unloading of customer material.
- Visually inspects all equipment (i.e. forklifts, cranes, etc.) for any safety or mechanical problems before operation.
- May assist with training new forklift operator employees.
Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities, chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures.
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.
Full Time - 50+ hours per week
- Construction Toolkits
- Quality Management
- Raw Materials