AZZ Galvanizing – Waskom, TX
About AZZ Inc.
AZZ Inc. is the leading independent provider of hot-dip galvanizing, spin galvanizing, powder coating, plating, and coil coating solutions to a broad range of end-markets. Collectively, our business segments provide sustainable, unmatched metal coating solutions that enhance the longevity and appearance of buildings, products and infrastructure that are essential to everyday life. AZZ Surface Technologies provides metal finishing services, from powder coating to electroplating, for corrosion protection of parts measuring less than an inch and components measuring up to sixty feet in length.
AZZ has an exciting 1st shift opportunity for a production worker at our Waskom Texas facility. Reporting into the Operations Manager you will help handle and clean material through the galvanizing process, to help us meet customer commitments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for tying or assisting with tying material onto racks with wire or chain for safe movement through the galvanizing process.
- Use wire to tie material to bow racks, universal racks, or other tooling to prepare for the pickling tanks using specific training methods for the galvanizing process.
- Use rope to lift and prepare material for the pickling tanks using specific training methods for galvanizing process.
- Operates and visually inspects all equipment (i.e. forklifts, cranes, tooling, etc.) prior to usage to ensure no maintenance is needed.
- Learns to rack a variety of materials by assisting others.
- Racks, unracks or cleans material in order as directed.
- May learn to use a torch to dry materials before hot dipping.
- May clean material using a grinder, file, or brush as specified by the customer.
- Inspects material for sags, runs, drips, bare spots and reports it to management.
- Uses bolt cutters to remove wire from product and tooling and disposes of it per established procedures.
- Learns to inspect materials for holes, smothered spots, etc.
- Perform housekeeping activities to keep production area and equipment clean and organized.
- Confers with supervisors to report material conditions that could result in production or customer problems by form of damage or quality issues.
- May assist with training new production helpers as specified by management.
- Required to wear protective equipment, follow safety rules and all company policies and procedures
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled facility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience utilizing hand tools is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Construction Toolkits
- Personal Protective Equipment