$4,000 sign on bonus for external candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California, to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
The Associate Medical Assistant works to assist clinicians in providing health care at Optum clinic locations. An Associate Medical Assistant serves the patient and all members of the health care team by gathering and maintaining the necessary medical information in a cheerful, friendly, personable manner. This role provides quality patient care and helps to establish rapport between the clinician and patient.
- The Associate MA will increasingly gain responsibility for providing assistance to the healthcare clinician by providing direct patient care
- Obtains patient histories and vital signs and records accurately in the Electronic Medical Record
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment and documents chief complaints
- Retrieves laboratory and radiology test results and instructs patients regarding medications and treatment per clinician’s instructions
- Stocks supplies and prepares exam rooms and instruments for examinations, testing, or minor surgeries
- Potential for heavy phone usage. Responds to incoming phone calls and refers if necessary. Calls patients as necessary to follow up and/or schedule appointments
- Performs other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MA Certification from the AAMA, NCCT, NHA, or RMA required, or the ability to obtain certification within 60 days of hire
- Healthcare provider level CPR/BLS certification required, or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire
- 1+ years or relevant medical office experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Basic Life Support
- Interpersonal Skills
- Nha Certified