AZZ Galvanizing - Chelsea General Description
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, moving material through the galvanizing system in an orderly and efficient manner.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
At least three months of related experience is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs and knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as it relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Moves material to and from storage and production areas, loads docks & delivery vehicles by forklift, hand and other equipment.
- Receives written or oral instructions for work assignments, determines applicable material and equipment needs.
- Attaches identifying tags to material and/or marks them with pertinent information.
- Hangs/takes down racks of material using specific training methods.
- Carries out general housekeeping duties such as sweeping and picking up discarded material.
- Inspects material for sags, runs, drips and bare areas.
- Cleans material as specified by the customer.
- Confers with leads and/or supervisors to report material conditions that could result in production or customer problems.
- Assists in proper loading of customer material.
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. Must have good eye hand coordination.
- Construction Toolkits
- Forklift Truck
- Metal Coating