Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.(sm)
The Call Center Supervisor is responsible to the Center Administrator and provides as a resource and member of leadership team supporting our call center teammates and patients, which includes, appointment scheduling, answering high volume of incoming calls and servicing patient inquiries accordingly. Primary role includes monitoring of metrics, statistics and call flow operation. Ensuring that patient needs are addressed timely with great customer service and performing other related call centers functions is also pertinent to the role.
- Support Center Admin and leadership team with a unified approach complying with all UHG expectations and protocols
- Communicate to center leadership any concerns or updates regarding call center teammates.
- Identify and communicate on workflow barriers or process opportunities. Gather data and examples to present. Also come prepared with ideas of how we could resolve.
- Call flow reports-obtain and present both weekly and monthly updates
- High level of proficiency and understanding of Unity
- Attend meeting to present collected data as requested by Center Admin
- Elevated call volume-report when peaks occur and when leadership was notified. Also report low call volume times and track.
- Adapt Lunch rotation schedule as needed. Coordinate with Center Admin on upcoming PTO and coverage plan to ensure proper staffing/coverage for call center.
- Monitor daily call center average wait times and abandoned rates. Encouraging teammate to adjust workflow during peaks.
- Monitoring completion of assigned call center teammate tasks
- Ensuring teammates are up to date, educated and utilizing resources available to support their role and expectations
- Reporting and sharing of call center metrics
- Reporting and sharing of Individual call center teammate statistics
- Total number of calls answered by teammate
- # hours worked per week
- Average talk time (length of time on calls)
- Notes pertaining to any large variances-why they are occurring and what actions will be taken to resolve
- Other duties as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- 1+ year call center experience
- Intermediate level of computer proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bilingual English and Spanish
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: #RPO