Se habla espanol! AZZ Galvanizing Bristol, VA
We are hiring Production Helpers for both 1st and 2nd shift.
First shift hours: 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Second shift hours: 5:PM to 4: AM
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, handling and/or cleaning material through the galvanizing process in an orderly and efficient manner.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
No experience required, willingness to work industrial plant environment.
Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the industrial plant environment n is preferred.
- Responsible for tying or assisting with tying material onto racks with wire or chain for safe movement through the galvanizing process.
- Use wire to tie material to bow racks, universal racks, or other tooling to prepare for the pickling tanks using specific training methods for the galvanizing process.
- Use rope to lift and prepare material for the pickling tanks using specific training methods for galvanizing process.
- Operates and visually inspects all equipment (i.e. forklifts, cranes, tooling, etc.) prior to usage to ensure no maintenance is needed.
- Learns to rack a variety of materials by assisting others.
- Racks, unracks or cleans material in order as directed.
- May learn to use a torch to dry materials before hot dipping.
- May clean material using a grinder, file, or brush as specified by the customer.
- Inspects material for sags, runs, drips, bare spots and reports it to management.
- Uses bolt cutters to remove wire from product and tooling and disposes of it per established procedures.
- Learns to inspect materials for holes, smothered spots, etc.
- Perform housekeeping activities to keep production area and equipment clean and organized.
- Confers with supervisors to report material conditions that could result in production or customer problems by form of damage or quality issues.
- May assist with training new production helpers as specified by management.
- Required to wear protective equipment, follow safety rules and all company policies and procedures.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Tower Crane
- Tooling Assembly And Dismantling