Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Supply Chain Specialist within the WellMed Supply Chain team is responsible for assisting in the effective purchasing of supplies, equipment, and services in order to maximize cost efficiencies and mitigate supply-related risk for the organization.
Hybrid role: Remote with a minimum of 1 day in clinic and 1 day in office per week required. Travel required to clinics within the Dallas - Fort Worth area.
- Buyer Role for Procure-to-Pay (P2P) system, purchasing supplies and equipment for assigned locations
- Engages with customers (both ordering and approving) to develop and re-enforce processes/schedules so that orders move through the P2P system efficiently
- Reviews purchasing data related to customer demands and assists customers with managing on-site inventory, allocations, and other aspects of supply chain
- Monitors requests/orders in P2P system - communicates timelines and reminders to requesters and approvers to ensure process steps are completed
- Supports vendor management by monitoring vendor performance to ensure communication of price changes, substitutions, lead times, allocations, and quality differences in a timely manner. Takes part in creation and implementation of corrective actions with vendors
- Assists with the development and maintenance of supply chain policies and procedures
- Performs needs analyses and gathers business-driven customer requirements; understands and assists with value analysis for new customer demands and ensures alignment with business and financial goals
- Maintains Vendor Item Master catalogue and provides customer support as required; provide explanations and interpretations for customers and coordinate sourcing and procurement communications (internal/external)
- Ensure adherence to applicable business standards and requirements
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 3+ years of relevant experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 1+ years of experience in inventory and/or purchasing activities
- Technically adept at MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare experience
- Healthcare inventory and/or purchasing experience
- Experience utilizing Procure-to-Pay and Contracting modules (or similar procurement systems)
- Works wells independently as well as with a team and has the proven ability to solve problems and exercise good judgment
- Solid willingness to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills; requiring a balance of assertiveness, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management and executive leadership at both the procurement and business unit levels
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.