You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Customer Service Representative position is full-time based on an anticipated schedule of 40 hours per week, Sunday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00 am - 11:00pm local time. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and weekends (one weekend day shift).
We offer 6 weeks of training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm CST, Monday - Friday.
For more information on a day in the life of a Customer Service Representative please review this link: [ Link removed ]
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: [ Link removed ]
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Respond to incoming calls from our customers on issues related to benefit eligibility questions and prescription status inquiries
- Guide and educate callers on their prescription benefits, use of plan, formulary, premiums and status of orders and claims or inquiries
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively while documenting required information in computer systems
- Identify issues and communicate solutions and steps to customers, pharmacies and physicians with prescription orders and reorders
- Make outbound calls to customers on prescription orders and payment issues
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to member prescription and /or pharmacy benefits across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 2+ equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience to include providing service over the phone
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word (ability to open and navigate a word document) and Microsoft Excel (ability to open and navigate a spreadsheet)
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of Sunday - Saturday 7:00am - 11:00pm local time including the flexibility to work occasional overtime and weekends (one weekend day shift)
- Call Center experience
- Experience with a virtual learning environment
- Experience with a virtual working environment
- Experience working with Digital platforms and systems. Web, Chat, email.
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able to connect directly into internet – via hard wire (either directly to modem or router)
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Anticipate taking 30-50 calls a day
Physical and Work Environment:
- • Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, long periods working at a computer
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New Jersey / New York / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 - $27.31. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.