Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Under the direct supervision of the Dispatch Supervisor, the incumbent is primarily responsible for the Distribution and documentation of all DME and Pharmacy Deliveries to Patient homes and facilities.
Primary Responsibilities: (In order of importance, describe 4-8 primary duties including what is done and why. This is not a list of every activity performed. It is a summary of the most important tasks and their expected results)
- Properly document every delivery and pick up ticket on the Distribution log or tracking system
- Ensure that delivery tickets are distributed to the drivers in a manner that assists them with meeting their designated time frames
- When needed, able to identify and pull the proper DME equipment from the warehouse
- When called upon, able to do 18+ deliveries in your shift on a typical day
- Ability to work 50+ hours a week when needed
- Complete and accurate paperwork / turned in following shift
- Vehicle checklist completed Daily
- Adhere to dress code guidelines (proper uniform & steel toe shoes)
- Weekly assigned vehicle cleaning
- Proper patient education on equipment/items
- Ability to be on call 7 days a week 24 hours – (1 week per month on call rotation)
- Follow all DOT regulations while operating vehicles
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Clean Driving record
- Demonstrate knowledge of or ability to learn and apply job functions to state and federal laws and regulations applicable to the operating unit
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience in Home Medical Equipment industry
- Knowledge of Home Medical equipment
- Excellent attention to detail, good computer skills, excellent written, verbal and math skills
Working Conditions (i.e. exposure to hazardous materials, heavy lifting, normal office environment, etc.)
- Continual driving, constant lifting, bending, and stooping, cleaning and writing in vehicle and home/facility environment.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Physical Task Analysis
The Supervisor/Manager is to determine the physical requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of the job to complete this form. All questions must be answered and every “Activity” and “Weight” must have an entry. Enter the maximum amount of time or weight per day for each activity. (The total hours marked does not need to add up to the total hours of the shift.)
- Bending (Wait)
- Crouching (Squatting)
- Twisting (Neck)
- Twisting (Waist)
- Reaching (Above or Below shoulder)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.