Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 75 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here.
When it comes to challenges that can dramatically shape your career, smart people like you are discovering opportunities with us. Here’s why. A career with UnitedHealth Group in the Finance and Accounting area will have you working side by side with some of the most dynamic, intelligent and results driven people on earth. This is work that matters far beyond the balance sheet. We’re helping to improve people’s lives by helping the entire health care system manage resources in new and better ways. Health care is changing. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You want to grow. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
**This Early Careers full-time summer internship in finance will be available starting in June 2024**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
• Provides moderately complex analytical support to the healthcare economics team in the development and implementation of recommendations.
• Conducts and documents moderately complex analysis and research using excel and other statistical software.
• Prepares, forecasts and analyzes trends.
• Initiates, compiles, and prepares analytical models, tools and databases.
• Assists in developing innovative strategies, policies and procedures.
• Provides detailed summaries, reports, and recommendations to assist in managerial decision making.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a major in statistics, mathematics, economics, business, healthcare management from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and leadership potential
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Decision Making