WSI, An Avail Infrastructure Solutions Company - Suwanee, GA
WSI is a global provider of welding solutions located in Suwanee, Georgia, - in the Atlanta metro area - which includes specialty welding, fabrication and field services groups.
Field QA/QC Inspector
The role of the Field QA/QC Inspector is to perform required inspections in accordance with ASME , the NBIc and other associated standards/requirements.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
High School or equivalent is required. Current or previous Level II VT, PT, MT & UTT methods and mechanical inspection required.
Minimum of two (2) years inspection experience with power generation components.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the ASME Codes and other codes and standards which govern the repair, replacement and modification activities associated with the power generation industry.
- Individual must be familiar with receipt inspection process, welding processes, welder and weld procedure qualification process.
- Individual must be capable of being certified Level II VT, PT, MT & UTT methods and mechanical inspection activities. Previous certification is required.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface in an Code environment.
- Performs and documents inspection and surveillance activities.
- Review specifications, drawings and reports to assure that quality requirements are adequately translated into work instructions.
- Review incoming materials for compliance with customer contracts/purchase orders requirements.
Field (Power Generation Facilities, Refineries, Chemical Plants, etc…)
- Ability to stand and kneel while performing inspections for long hours.
- Light lifting (50 lbs.)
- Ability to work day or night shift
- Interpersonal Skills
- Mechanical Inspection
- Level 2 Stocks
- Mechanical Engineering