AZZ Galvanizing – Houston, TX
About AZZ Inc.
AZZ Inc. is the leading independent provider of hot-dip galvanizing, spin galvanizing, powder coating, plating, and coil coating solutions to a broad range of end-markets. Collectively, our business segments provide sustainable, unmatched metal coating solutions that enhance the longevity and appearance of buildings, products and infrastructure that are essential to everyday life. AZZ Surface Technologies provides metal finishing services, from powder coating to electroplating, for corrosion protection of parts measuring less than an inch and components measuring up to sixty feet in length.
AZZ has an exciting opportunity for an EHS Specialist at our Houston Texas plant. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and enforcing plant safety while being a great resource for internal and external customers. You love safety! And we’re confident you’ll help us create and maintain a safe working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will have 50% plant presence and 50% office presence.
- Coordinates, conducts, and tracks employee training requirements and ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, job site safety plans, and company policies.
- Collaborate with plant employees to share best safety practices, provide guidance, inspect, or recommend equipment, provide alerts, and foster safe working practices to minimize risks.
- Emphasizes a “safety first” attitude. Completes and reviews injury reports, assists with investigations, and provides insight to plant leadership.
- Tests workplaces for environmental hazards, such as exposure to radiation, chemical or biological hazards, or excessive noise.
- Field experience in a similar role preferred, but not required. 1-2 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required.
- Excellent written and oral communication for both internal and external engagement
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
- Must be able to work on-site. Flexible hours: M – F 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM, must have availability to be on-call
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Biological Hazards
- Microsoft Office