UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is for a Business Process Analyst in support of translations of UHC Benefit and/or transactional materials but may also include support for other product or segment related materials as well. In addition to linguistic support, this role will include administrative support functions including Data Entry and/or Analysis, Project tracking to support Agile workflow including Defect Management, Reporting, and quality reviews of external translation products as necessary. Primary responsibilities are listed in more detail below.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work in a cross-functional and fast-paced team to manage the translation/reproduction processes for regulatory benefit materials, marketing, or various transactional based materials, including alternate format as requested
- Language Services oversees the coordination, retrieval, translation (or delegation to one of several Language Service Providers), editing, review, and approval of translated documents
- Coordinate various translation projects simultaneously for various internal teams, independently and with minimal supervision
- Translation creation, analysis, and curation, using Trados and Glossary tools
- Provide support in performing Quality Review assignments, along with internal inspection audits following department procedures
- Coordinate with Team Linguists and Vendors to provide the most appropriate, consistent, clear translations
- Work with upstream requesters and downstream Vendor contacts to meet project deliverables while ensuring both requester and vendors are meeting requirements
- Perform comprehensive and/or partial reviews of initial translated files or audio files against source files
- Flag appropriate Linguistic, Compliance, or Formatting related defects, note suggested edits and work with in-house or third-party Language Service Providers on suggested edits
- Update project trackers and/or corresponding database with each status change
- May also include special project testing of new systems implementations as needed
- Log daily productivity and defective counts in department Database
- As instructed, monitor and record time-study data related to each testing project
- May also include project support of new technology testing and implementation where it involves Translation Memory, Style Guide, Glossary updates including user acceptance testing associated
- Create, maintain, and facilitate peer or new Employee training as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Please review the required qualifications as posted below. To be eligible to apply and be reviewed for the position, the candidate must meet or exceed all posted required qualifications listed. We value your time and interest in this position and thank you again for taking the time to review the job posting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Linguistics or related field of study OR 3+ years of experience as a Professional Translator
- 3+ years of experience with professional document translation
- Bilingual (native level of fluency) in both English and Spanish
- Advanced level of Spanish spelling and grammar
- Intermediate proficiency level with 2010 or later MS Office Applications
- Proficient in SDL Trados Studio or other computer-assisted translation (CAT) software, using a translation memory (TM)as well as terminology software
- 1+ years of experience in Project Management or Linguistic Services
- 1+ years of experiencewith User Acceptance or application Testing
- 1+ years of experience with Healthcare or Medical related materials, acronyms or terms and CMS compliance requirements for materials and data security including protected health information
- Experience with Access, ECG Quick Connect, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe PDF, Outlook, Power Automate, Power Business Intelligence and MS Teams applications
- Prior experience using a designated Glossary and Style Guide
- Prior experience with Terminology Management, including Glossary creation and management
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge and prior use of Pivot Table, Countif, and V-Lookup functions within Excel
- Flexible to work OT during peak volume months
- Be approachable and possess a positive team-oriented nature
- Ability to build and establish positive working relationships with customers, vendors, leadership
- Knowledge of Healthcare related documentation including benefit, transactional and marketing materials
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000 The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Process Analyst, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote