This position is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting production laborers with production tasks
Education Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
At least one year of experience is preferred, but not required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) within a manufacturing environment is preferred. Knowledge of specific and general safety policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position is preferred.
- Places products in/on equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, wrapping
- Loads/unloads items from machines/conveyors
- Helps to care for machines, adds coolant and lubricates parts
- Helps start machines, or equipment to begin production processes
- Helps production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, and/or cleaning work areas and equipment
- Perform housekeeping activities to keep shop area and equipment clean and organized.
Heavy manufacturing with loud noise levels. Enclosed, but not air conditioned work areas. Space heaters and fan provided.
Over 2/3 of the time is spent standing and using hands to handle material. Spends under 1/3 of the time walking, talking, hearing, and lifting items weighing an average of 50 lbs.
- Standard Operating Procedure