Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
Radiology Call Center employees are responsible for scheduling Radiology appointments for all locations while providing excellent customer service. They work to support the department daily to efficiently maximize schedules. They will communicate daily with the physicians, medical offices, patients, and insurance companies.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 11:00am to 8:00pm with rotating Saturday coverage
Location: 30 Columbia St. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Scheduling radiology procedures in an organized and efficient manner
- Input/update patient information in our medical system
- Communicate with the Physicians, medical offices, patients and family as well as precertification department
- Participate in various projects and/or meetings, and complete other tasks as assigned by management
- Knowledge of computers, fax machines and other related office equipment
- Responsible to communicate scheduling issues with management
- Knowledge of medical terminology and radiology procedures and requirements
- Detail-oriented and follow through with information or need of information
- Compiling and maintaining all patient charts and any other documentation as required by the department
- Cross-train and help in other locations if needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/ GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of medical scheduling experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to occasionally work weekends on a rotational basis
- Understanding of imaging procedures
- Experience with insurance benefits
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid
- Experience with medical terminology
- Experience in a Call Center with high volume
- Proven understanding of imaging procedures
- Demonstrated ability to think and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to maintain patient and employee confidentiality
- Demonstrated enthusiastic commitment to providing state of the art, innovative and advanced medical care and exceptional customer service to patients and internal customers
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $16.00 to $27.31 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Attention To Detail
- Audio Equipments
- Call Centers
- Customer Service