You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Recovery / Resolutions Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the daily operations of the Medicaid billing and follow up team. This position is accountable for all aspects of the daily supervision and administration of the staff in accordance with Department protocols. The Recovery / Resolutions Supervisor will work closely with the management team to ensure all daily, weekly, monthly, and annual performance metrics are met. The Supervisor is tasked in motivating, encouraging, and leading the team, working together to complete all daily functions. The Supervisor must also delegate and assess resources and maintain a clear line of communication with management. The Supervisor is the communication focal point between the team and Operational Management.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm EST.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm EST, Monday - Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Direct supervision of the staff including but not limited to staff interviews, performance management, goal setting, coaching, and administrating annual performance reviews
- Serves as a point of contact between our Change Healthcare Billers & Hospitals regarding billing questions and requests on billed accounts
- Monitors assigned accounts and communicates trends and issues to the Hospital
- Reviews Medicaid documentation for timeliness of filing with agency
- Notifies proper personnel of the need for corrected documentation or issues with eligibility information at the agency as needed
- Assists with client reporting requirements
- Identifies training needs and assists in conducting training for new staff as well as ongoing/updated training for current staff
- Responsible for ensuring that Medicaid provider enrollment applications are completed accurately and in a timely manner for those clients who have contracted with the company for out of state services
- Manages agency relationships to affect billing resolution
- Responsible for working Client reports in order to reconcile inventories
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 3+ years of Medicaid billing and / OR follow up experience
- 1+ years of work experience in a leadership OR team lead position
- 1+ years of experience working with UB04 in the hospital billing and / OR follow up setting
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and correspondence)
- Ability to work 8:00am - 5:00pm EST, Monday - Friday
- Must be 18 years of age OR older
- Health Information System (HIS) experience (EPIC / Cerner)
Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Research and analytical skills
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The annual range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New York / New Jersey / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $56,300 - $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Health Information Systems (His)