Intermediate Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
This Intermediate Applications Developer position is a part of the team that is currently working on migrating a C# .Net Windows forms client server application into an OpenShift platform.
Details of Position: This position will support the development of internal web-based applications working in agile environment utilizing sprints and user stories to deliver the required business functionalities.
- 3-5 years professional experience in developing software using technologies: C#/.NET Core/.Net framework in Agile environment
- Experience developing Microservices/Web services
- Knowledge of Kubernetes platform is preferable
- Experience with Angular is preferable
- Experience with CI/CD Jenkins pipelines is preferable
- Familiarity with Oracle/SQL databases is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Self-Motivated Learner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Continuous Integration