The Technical Design/Apparel Quality Assurance Internship will begin in June and end in August 2017.
What You’ll Do
At Colony Brands, our Technical Design and Quality Assurance teams work with collaboratively with our Merchandisers, Designers and Vendors to build our product from the “front-end". Your work will center on garment construction and fit of apparel for selected company brands and catalogs Missy & Plus sizes. Your work will involve preparing specifications, fitting and providing correction directions to vendors from live model fit sessions. You’ll communicate with vendors and internal team members to acquire samples, specs, and other needed information or documentation. You’ll also contribute to:
- The technical design process from initial development to final fit in specific classifications of product
- Identifying problem items early in the spec development phase so that corrective action can be taken prior to factory issue
- Development hand-off meetings and determining technical design related requirements for all products
- Relaying information, changes, and feedback from fit sessions to Merchandisers, Suppliers, & internal team members
- Resolving TOP issues, Production Issues, and Returns.