Clearance Level Needed:
Programs & Operations
We are seeking a Software Quality Tester to join our rapidly growing team of professionals. The primary focus of the role is to develop, maintain, and help execute test plans and test cases for the Department of State&s command and control messaging system. The position presumes experience in testing defect fixes as well as enhancements which are likely to be applied to the web interface, the database, the system&s infrastructure, desk top client components, or mobile applications. The high profile nature of this program will challenge our team to become intimately familiar strict security requirements, 508 compliance guidelines, and ever-changing user requirements.
Duties for this position include planning, designing, developing, documenting, and executing manual and automated testing of customer applications. The ideal candidate is comfortable with being the sole tester on a high performance team with shifting priorities. The candidate also has the ability to adapt test automation frameworks to suit particular project needs. Applicant can expect to work with the business customers and IT teams, the senior systems analyst applies advanced analytical and business skills to evaluate existing and identify new or enhanced systems, products and processes which advance business objectives. This position is best suited for an applicant that can lead, manage, and execute all phases of quality assurance testing, including analysis of product requirements to produce test requirements, and development and execution of functional/system test plans in a multi-tiered environment.
• Work closely with subject matter experts and other team members to learn about State Messaging and create test plans, and cases which includes design and creation of test conditions and scripts.
• Perform testing of functional requirements which will be provided by the customer and Business Analysts.
• Execute test iterations, track / report results, troubleshoot and coordinate defect resolution.
• Document, track and escalate issues using TFS.
• Write documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
• Assist in establishing standards and procedures for program design and testing.
• Plan and institute automated Develop test methodologies and tactical test plans.
• regression test, execute performance and load test.
• Develop and execute of manual test scripts.
• Analyze functional test cases against requirements for accuracy. Make recommendations to ensure product quality and compliance.
• Provide oversight regarding all tasks related to regression and performance testing. Other responsibilities include ensuring these test cycles are completed on time.
• Top Secret Clearance.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor&s Degree in related field.
• 2+ years of experience with TFS (Team Foundation Server).
• 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Visual Studio Test Manager.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft technology suite, including: Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test Management Studio Knowledge of manual testing, automated testing, black box testing, software test manual creation, SDLC, .NET environments, SharePoint, and team based working environments.
• Knowledge of Creating and executing automated test scripts using testing software programs.
• Effective teamwork and communication skills.
• Perseverance, flexibility, and commitment to growth and mastery.
• Experience with creating test plans and test cases using TFS.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and task estimation skills.
• Previous software testing experience.
• Experience in issue isolation, troubleshooting, and debugging experience.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks.