Software Engineer Internship
This is a part time/temporary position.
The CareerBuilder Re-Employment Initiative is a unique internship program with the objective of teaching IT skills to currently unemployed or underemployed. The program aims to choose highly-motivated people to embark on a six month "internship" job skills training program at CareerBuilder's Norcross Technology Headquarters. This paid program will consist of some classroom training followed by up to six months of on-the-job, hands-on training with an assigned CareerBuilder software developer.
Trainees will have the opportunity to learn technical coding skills in languages such as ASP.NET, C# and VB.NET, SQL server, as well as other software engineering and objected-oriented concepts, project tracking and prioritization, and lean, agile software development methods and practices. Once participants are ramped up with the skills needed to contribute to the development team, he/she will play an active part in CareerBuilder projects for the balance of the program.
Responsibilities and expectations:
- Service Expectations
- Delivers superior customer service
- Seeks understanding prior to recommendations
- Communicates effectively and concisely
- Provides timely responses that meet service level expectations
- Develop Technology and Business relationships to improve understanding of CB's business
- Team Communication
- Expected to communicate openly and candidly with their Team Leader and other teammates regarding the status of their assigned tasks/projects. This includes both verbal and written communication.
- Delivery Integrity
- All work should be completed according to our definition of done, which includes proper functional and unit tests.
- Delivery Philosophy
- Expected to learn and understand our company values and lean software development principles
- Active Learning
- Expected to actively strive for continuous learning from external classes and on the job training.
- Must be a self-starter with a Learning attitude
- Logical Thinker
- Must have good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Must have a desire to become technical to solve quantitative and qualitative problems
- Experience with some programming language
- Adaptable: Ability to work alone (individual contributor), self-directed learning, handle tight deadlines, and self-aware yet effective. Candidate must also be able to work in a team environment where pair programming, code reviews, and team learning is common.
- Bachelors in computer science, information technology, or comparable training or experience
- Experience working in a scrum environment
- Candidates who are currently unemployed or under employed; or
- Candidates returning from active military duty
Total Comp: $10hr at 20 hours a week
*This is a re-employment opportunity with the main goal of getting you back to work with the skill set you need to succeed in a career.
This position does not offer employment sponsorship.
All applicants will be assessed based on their past experiences and cover letter. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a passion to grow, desire/experience with Technology or Software, and a life story that demonstrates your drive to succeed despite obstacles which would prove your commitment to the program.
CareerBuilder, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.