** Role requires training in Sterling Heights, MI **
MAG is a leading manufacturing technology group for machining tasks in milling and turning for turnkey manufacturing systems and machines with customer-specific application technology.
MAG is globally represented with locations in Germany, in the US, China, India, Hungary, UK, and Switzerland.
With a strong foundation based upon renowned machine tool brands such as BOEHRINGER, Cross Hüller, Ex-Cell-O, and Lamb, MAG has become a global player since its founding in 2005. MAG serves the automotive and truck industries and their suppliers with unmatched technology and expertise.
MAG offers machine tools, manufacturing systems, and services including turning, milling, honing, systems integration, automation, software, maintenance, retrofit, e-learning, and core components for machine tools.
As full scale supplier, MAG manufacturing solutions include machining technology, process capability, system design and full turnkey systems.
MAG is seeking a team player with above average work habits, who is also able to work independently, with little supervision, to join the team as a Field Service Technician - and will travel to customers' plants in various geographies.
This person will oversee and coordinate the installation of new Company machines in the customer's plant, as well as field changes, retrofits and reworks on existing machines in the field. This person will be responsible for sharing ideas for process improvements and other cost saving measures to management, so effective communication skills are key.
Here are some projects this person will oversee on a daily basis:
- Installation and servicing of machines in the customer's plant in coordination with customer personnel and outside contractors,
- Machine qualification; ie to meet contract specifications such as, but not limited to, cycle time, part quality, tool life, and sound levels,
- Production runs to verify that the machine functions properly under production standards
This person will also:
- Instruct and train customer personnel in the proper operation and maintenance of machines,
- Perform service calls or warranty calls to address the cause of any machine problems,
- Make the necessary repairs and/or recommends the appropriate corrective action,
- Use established quality and environmental systems, including job procedures, work instructions and forms,
- Complete service reports, progress reports, checklists and correspondence to internal and external colleagues, customers and suppliers,
- Read, analyze, and interpret mechanical assembly, electrical, hydraulic and lube systems,
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
MAG cherishes its workforce. 30% of our team has been with us for 25+ years. MAG values its team and sets itself apart by offering:
- Opportunities for growth, development and promotion,
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training,
- Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance,
- 401k, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off,
- Occasional travel is common in this position if desired.