The Revenue Specialist will maximize room revenue and grow the RevPAR Index (market share) for each hotel in a portfolio of twelve to thirty (12 to 30) properties. The Revenue Specialist will be responsible for achieving three primary accomplishments: 1. building a trusting relationship with the hotel teams and other key revenue management stakeholders; 2. setting the appropriate Revenue Management strategy, including pricing, for all portfolio hotels; 3. aligning with the hotel teams and other key revenue management stakeholders on Revenue Management strategy and pricing.
What will I be doing?
The Revenue Specialist's goal will be to maximize room revenue and grow the RevPAR Index for each hotel in a portfolio of twelve to thirty (12 to 30) properties depending on the complexity of the market and services provided. Key Hotel Team Members with whom the Revenue Specialist will interact with will include the General Manager, Director of Sales, and Front Office Manager, as well as Regional Revenue Management Team Members, management company representatives, and other Commercial Services Team Members. The Revenue Specialist will report directly to the workgroup's Manager, Focus Service.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Establish a rapport with the property teams and demonstrate an understanding of each hotel's market, unique goals and challenges
- Conduct a daily strategy and pricing review for each hotel
- Formulate a plan to improve hotel performance, communicate that plan to the hotel team, and implement the changes in relevant systems, including OnQ R&I, OnQ RM, and GRO
- Send targeted daily communications describing relevant strategy and pricing changes
- On a weekly basis, lead Revenue Management meetings, including discussions on future issues such as booking pace, performance statistics, and other hotel-specific goals
- Effective written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics or a minimum of two (2) years of Analytical experience within Revenue Management, Data Management, Reservations, or Front Office Operations
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent tasks
- Strong project, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain statistical data, to develop strategies and generate a course of action
- Strong mathematical comprehension
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hospitality industry experience
- Proficient in Revenue Management systems, hotel property management systems, and industry related reports
- Must possess the ability to quickly learn new programs when required
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!