Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Production Shift Supervisor. The Production Shift Supervisor will provide management and leadership to a crew to achieve safety, quality and production goals. The Defiance, Ohio location produces cured and uncured fiberglass products that serve the Automotive, Aerospace, OEM, Air Handling and Pipe & Mechanical markets.
The Defiance, Ohio locations produce cured and uncured fiberglass products that serve the automotive, aerospace, OEM, air handling and pipe & mechanical markets.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Provide management and leadership to a production shift of 30 hourly employees to achieve safety, quality and production goals
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all employees
- Embrace safety/environmental program to meet established plant initiatives
- Plan and schedule work assignments to maximize production equipment
- Monitor quality activities on newly developed products
- Issue discipline as needed
- Continuously looking for improvement in all areas
- Motivate employees to maintain maximum productivity levels
- Administration of union contract
- Preparation of equipment maintenance recommendations
- High School plus 2 years relevant supervision experience
- 2+ years working in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft office software
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Proven experience in creating an effective work team
- Demonstrated communication skills with all levels of employees
- Ability to be flexible on shift assignment (24/7)
- Demonstrated ability to hold people accountable
- Experience in basic equipment and process troubleshooting
- Ability to drive between plant locations (3 miles)
- College degree: AA/AS or Bachelors
- Experience with SAP/ERP/ADP
- Experience with planning and scheduling activities
- Previous experience in managing safety compliance and engagement
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.