Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our environment of innovation, collaboration and excellence has allowed us to establish a leadership position in all of the markets we serve. We operate 45 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China, and have annual sales of approximately $2.5 billion. Talent thrives at JM because we give our employees the ability to do things they wouldn't be able to anywhere else. In other words, we give our employees the freedom to achieve. This support and encouragement is what our 7,000 talented employees experience with us every day, and it's what bolsters our more-than-150-year reputation as an innovative, reliable business partner. You'll find the work at JM both challenging and fulfilling. Once a member of our team, you'll be part of a global workforce committed to building a sustainable future for our customers, our employees, our owners and the communities in which we operate. We encourage you to learn more about JM, and find out why employment with us is such a rewarding experience
Currently, we are seeking qualified career-minded individuals to fill a newly created Process Engineer position at our Brunswick, GA facility. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
- Effectively work with operators and other team members to develop, improve, and monitor key procedures
- Identify process and equipment limitations and implement methods to debottleneck where appropriate
- Seek recognize, define, and solve to determine root cause and implement corrective actions
- Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and functional leadership in applications of engineering principles, scientific analysis, continuous improvement, and project management
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field from a regionally accredited college or university. Preference for focus in chemical and/or mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of practical work experience in related field in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing industry practices and engineering principles.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), computer, organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required time frames
- Demonstrated experience using SAP/ERP/ADP software programs
- Experience in effectively planning and scheduling to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize and manage warehouse space.
- Knowledge of improvement methods such as Lean/SixSigma
- Ability to independently and effectively research and identify issues and make recommendations to address and resolve
- Ability to appropriately involve all stakeholders in decisions where appropriate and make sound, logical, and timely action decisions.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work in confined spaces with little or no accommodation
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with minimal or no accommodation
- Exposure to heat and cold environments
- Excessive walking
- Ability to travel as needed for business
- Ability to work rotating shift as necessary