Supports the premium receivables processes by performing general duties as assigned in accordance with departmental and company guidelines and standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Assists in maintaining the accuracy of Pool Agent documentation by reviewing agent accounts for FEIN numbers, identifying the missing financial information, and sending out W-9 forms to receive the missing information.
- Assists in managing the premium receivables workflow by completing various manual reports.
- Completes “New Business” procedures; preparing cash for deposit; setting up ACH withdrawals; maintains or creates new agent files.
- Assists with gathering data for continuous improvement projects as needed by the Finance Technical Analyst.
- Assists in the billing process which may include but is not limited to: processing payments, analyzing financial data and resolving discrepancies, and processing cancellations for non-payment.
- Assists the Finance department on various projects as assigned.
- Contributes to overall premium receivables function by completing a variety of assigned projects with accuracy and timeliness.
- Prepares daily incoming mail by opening envelopes; distributing bills to appropriate person.
- Contributes to team effort by providing backup and assistance to the finance department when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pursuing an associate’s degree or bachelor’s in accounting, business administration, or related field.
- Knowledge of accounting topics.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of at least one accounting course.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Accounts Payable and Receivable systems, Internet, and e-mail software.
- Office experience.