Supports the Premium Auditing services by coding, reviewing, and verifying audits in accordance with company, NCCI, and WCRB guidelines and regulations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Prepares voluntary (mail audits) by making sure the necessary information and type of record are identified on the audit worksheet; ensuring that mail audit worksheets are sent to the insured or their representative.
- Assists in reviewing the voluntary audit worksheets by examining the insured’s operations, records, and employee duties; comparing tax and claims data; reviewing the previous audit worksheets, using manual rules to calculate the actual exposure; classifying the exposure appropriately based on all facts.
- Documents the audit findings to prepare the audit for processing to determine if an additional premium or return premium will be established.
- Reviews fee company audits by verifying the correct payroll amounts and classification codes are assigned; analyzing the description of operations; identifying and reconciling additional items.
- Collects necessary information by contacting fee companies, insureds or agents as applicable; consulting with underwriting.
- Assists with ensuring departmental accuracy by completing a Unit State error correction; identifying problem causes.
- Reviews unproductive audits by estimating the auditable exposure; prepares for processing.
- Contributes to overall Premium Audit functions by assisting the managers on projects with accuracy and timeliness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3.0 or better cumulative GPA on a 4 point scale.
- Full-time junior or senior collegiate status.
- Basic computer software knowledge (word processing, e-mail, accessing and updating databases).
- Experience with operating typical office machines (such as a copy machine, computer).
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record as determined by Society Insurance.
- Prior office experience.
- Pursuing Bachelor Degrees in accounting, business, economics, finance, or risk management.