- Role / Title – Power/Electrical Engineer III - Contractor (7125)
- Location – Anaheim, CA, 92805
- Duration – 12+ months (may extend)
Job Description -
- Power / Electrical Engineer III shall be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications.
- The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision.
- The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
- Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
- Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
- Provide complete documentation, product verification and part’s list.
- Write product and test specifications.
- Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
- Power / Electrical Engineer III will take directions from Project Engineer or Power Engineering Department Manager.
- Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
- Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
- Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
- Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years’ experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.
WHAT THE MANAGER IS SPECIFICALLY LOOKING FOR - PLEASE SCREEN FOR THESE:
- •Experience working with high power levels
- 10-20KW is ideal
- 450 AC (primary voltage), 1000 Volt DC is OK
- •Modeling using PSPICE
- •Wants to see experience in any of these areas: inverters/converters, active rectifiers, motor drives
- •Wants to see good continuity in career, progressively staying in the same discipline of design
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.