We set the benchmark high for our products and even higher for our people. Our technical expertise is unrivaled in the industry and we are seeking a Plant Engineer to join our Rockdale, Illinois, plant, leadership team. This is an exciting role with high visibility. The Plant Engineer will drive change management initiatives and culture initiative to help excel the plant to the next level. The Plant Engineer is responsible for overall maintenance and plant leadership. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, like working across the organization and are passionate about engineering as we are let us know and apply today!
- Responsible for providing overall engineering leadership to the Rockdale Plant.
- As a key leader in the organization, will be accountable for driving process improvement and increasing customer (internal and external) satisfaction.
- Provide technical training and guidance to maintenance team members.
- Supervise production equipment maintenance program including evaluation of predictive maintenance data, scheduling and conducting preventative maintenance activities.
- Lead and participate in plans to improve productivity, cost reduction and energy conservation and development.
- Show initiative in supporting safety.
- Develop and implement for new capital investment, cost reduction and equipment refurbishment.
- Work with internal departments, such as, Purchasing, and Transportation in maintaining services for the plant.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key engineering and maintenance vendors that support the plant.
- Supervise and maintain all utility services including water, gas, steam, electricity, roads, sewage, railroad spur tracks, and truck shop.
- Develop business case for identified projects.
- Maintain the environmental control systems and ensure compliance.
- Lead the maintenance team to efficiently and effectively in order to maintain the plant.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 3 or more years of' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 years of experience supervising and leading small teams to include providing safety, quality and maintenance support as well as being responsible for hiring, performance reviews and terminations.
- Reliability engineering experience.
- Experience driving performance and implementing productivity performance.
- Experience with change management.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work in a high stress and high energy environment.
- Project management experience to include: the ability to manage a large number of projects concurrently and handle stressful situations during critical projects.
- Ability to assist in budgetary process and administer programs to control material and labor costs.
- Experience with continuous manufacturing processes
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Solid knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental, safety, and industrial hygiene laws and regulations.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Black/Green belt certification would be a plus.
- Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM manufacturing environment.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.