Microsoft Exchange Engineer Internship
This is a part time/temporary position.
The CareerBuilder Re-Employment Initiative is a unique internship program with the objective of teaching IT skills to currently unemployed or underemployed. The program aims to choose highly-motivated people to embark on a six month "internship" job skills training program at CareerBuilder's Norcross Technology Headquarters. This paid program will consist of some classroom training followed by up to six months of on-the-job, hands-on training with an assigned CareerBuilder team.
- Support migration of mail from Exchange Server to Exchange Online (Office365)
- Troubleshoot migration issues. Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and to efficiently resolve customer issues
- Provide post-migration support.
- Work on defects escalated from Helpdesk to the UC Engineering team.
- Skype for Business client support
- Manage SMTP servers
- Administer new hires, terminations, transfers.
- Active Directory Administration/Microsoft Azure administration
- Exposure to SCCM deployment and administration
- Exposure to Powershell
- Exposure to OneDrive and other O365 components
- Exposure to Telephony
- Individual must be willing to learn and contribute to daily responsibilities.
- Self-starter and resourceful to study various technologies.
- Familiar with email protocols, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Windows servers a plus
- Desktop Support for Windows & Apple/MAC a plus
- Effective problem solver and able to demonstrate good judgement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate good team work and maintain a can do attitude to assist team.
- Basic Understanding of DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, SMTP
- Demonstrate good problem analysis with vendors to resolve hardware failure, service outages and user complaints.
- Candidates who are currently unemployed or under employed; or
- Candidates returning from active military duty
Total Comp: $10hr at 20 hours a week
*This is a re-employment opportunity with the main goal of getting you back to work with the skill set you need to succeed in a career.
This position does not offer employment sponsorship.
All applicants will be assessed based on their past experiences and cover letter. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a passion to grow, desire/experience with Technology or Software, and a life story that demonstrates your drive to succeed despite obstacles which would prove your commitment to the program.
CareerBuilder, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.