Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Performs troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of production, warehouse and plant facility equipment. Rebuilds equipment, machines replacement parts and maintains MRO inventory.
Supports training, cost reduction, process improvement, safety, plant layout and efficiency projects
- Performs mechanical and basic electrical/pneumatic trouble shooting, repair and general preventative maintenance procedures on all production, warehouse, facility and plant equipment
- Repairs, replaces defective parts maintaining MRO inventory as required. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Rebuilds and repairs all equipment that is in need of repair
- Sets up and operates lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking machines to manufacture and repair parts as needed
- Implements a preventative maintenance program for all production and support equipment including training of production associates in equipment operation and preventative maintenance processes
- Contributes to product/quality/process improvement efforts by initiating and participating in problem-solving/improvement teams recommending ideas/changes to business processes, procedures, materials and equipment and implementing recommendations
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety processes, procedures and regulations. Follows all lockout/tagout procedures before performing equipment maintenance as required. Wears all protective equipment required by company including but not limited to: gloves, safety shoes, ear protection, safety glasses etc.
- Performs other responsibilities, projects as assigned
- Contributes to team effort in a cooperative, supportive team manner
- Contributes to TEAM SUCCESS - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- INITIATES ACTION – Demonstrates ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Quality Orientation – Demonstrates ability to accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Safety awareness – Demonstrates ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports/correspondence and communicate concisely
- Please send resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.