START YOUR JOURNEY AT GMÂ FINANCIAL'S SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
GM Financial, the captive auto finance company and subsidiary of General Motors, has operations in 20 countries, providing auto finance solutions to approximately 16,000 dealers worldwide.Â We employ over 5,500 people and we are looking to add to our workplace!Â Our workforce is comprised of dedicated, hardworking, diverse team members that work together to ensure the success of GM Financial.
GM Financial offers many unique opportunities to talented young professionals in our Summer Internship Program. As an intern at our company, you willÂ gain hands-on, real-world experience alongside industry-leading professionals during the 10-week program. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a professional environment and build a strong foundation for your future career.
We are looking for students who are ready to take on stimulating projects and gain exposure to a variety of industry initiatives. Our program offers:
- 10 weeks of work experience
- Competitive salary
- Executive and peer networking opportunities
- Independent and team project experiences
- Philanthropic activities
- Career development
- Opportunity to apply for full-time career positions
Are you interested in working in the Internal Audit field? Does assessing process risks, evaluating the design of controls, and Sarbanes Oxley legislation interest you? Then we are looking for you!
We are looking for candidates for the following areas:
- Information Technology Audit
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science,Â or related field.
- Must possess a minimum of a 3.0 (out of a 4 point scale) overall GPA.
- Junior or Senior classification preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. This incumbent will be required to give presentations and communicate with business leaders.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office Suite.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting.
- Previous internships considered a plus.
- Must be able to commit to work 40 hours for 10 consecutive weeks during the summer (First week of June through 2nd week in August)
- Must participate in all GMF sponsored events for interns.