UPS is recruiting a US Distribution Industrial Engineering (IE) Intern. The IE Intern has a supporting role to ensure that each Distribution Center is engineered with an operating plan that drives continuous improvement, controls cost, increases revenue, and provides innovative solutions for our customers. Interns will be trained in Time Measurement and Master Standard Data (MSD) in order to accurately and effectively perform measurement analysis.
- Develop process improvement and layout changes to increase productivity and profitability.
- Perform operational observation and process documentation.
- Create, analyze and apply original work measurement.
- Monitor and develop productivity standards for functional areas based on work measurement.
- Develop operational volume forecasts and present staffing plans to the IE team.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to resolve operational problems.
- Identify exceptions, formulate recommendations, and implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain distribution center AutoCAD layouts and square footage calculations.
- Provide steady flow of information to management, customers, internal personnel, and direct reports as committed.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis on projects requiring capital expenses and document validation of findings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work independently or on a team in fast paced work environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering
- Effective research and statistical analysis skills
- Must possess the ability to communicate plans and information in a concise, effective manner in both verbal and written form
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity