Lead Management Specialist will assist hotels, manage sales leads and produce revenue with proficiency and a consistent strategy through qualification, negotiation and closing sales for hotels via various group and transient lead sources. The Team Member will maximize the overall hotel financial profitability and grow the RevPAR Index (market share) for each hotel in a portfolio of fifteen to twenty-five (15-25) properties.
What will I be doing?
The Lead Management Specialist will assist hotels, manage all incoming leads with proficiency and a consistent strategy that leads to maximizing the overall hotel financial profitability and the growing of the RevPAR Index for each hotel in a portfolio of fifteen to twenty-five (15-25) properties. Key hotel Team Members with whom the Lead Management Specialist will interact with, include the General Manager, Director of Sales, and Front Office Manager.
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Responsible for representing the hotel by responding to and negotiating with persons inquiring group and/or transient accommodations
- Initiate the preparation of proposals and contracts on hotel guestrooms and meeting space with availability and pricing strategy strategically developed with the understanding of each hotel's market, unique goals and challenges
- Ability to quickly learn new programs when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of two (2) years of Sales experience
- Strong customer service and effective written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple and concurrent tasks
- Strong project and time management, and organizational skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hotel experience
- Hospitality Sales experience
- Strong negotiation skills
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!